Jubilee Foundation of IL
Mission and Purpose
The mission of the Jubilee Foundation of Illinois is to dramatically increase the financial resources available to Outreach Community Ministries for the implementation and support of programs that meet unmet needs in the communities where Outreach serves.
The Foundation is based on four Biblical principles:
• Leviticus 25 – The Year of Jubilee inspires Outreach’s motto, “Where All God’s Children Deserve a Jubilee,” and its mission “to provide opportunities for youth and families to reach for their fullest potential as children of God.” It incorporates the principles of stewardship and justice.
• Matthew 22:39 – The Great Commandment calls us “to love our neighbor as ourselves.” In DuPage County, we are to recognize those who are vulnerable and respond with love.
• Hebrews 10:24 – Encourages us to “spur one another on toward love and good deeds.” This verse underscores the purpose of the Foundation and the “call” it extends to its members.
• 1 Corinthians 16:2 – Encourages us to support those in need, “according to our means.” The Foundation creates underwriting opportunities for members at levels that match up with their resources and the call that God places on their hearts.
Why the Foundation was founded:
The Jubilee Foundation is a gathering of “next generation” donors who have the capacity and the calling to provide significant annual contributions to Outreach Community Ministries. Its commitment is to provide the “financial foundation” for key initiatives including:
• Jubilee Village – a supportive living community for single women and children who would otherwise be homeless, providing support services including education, life skills training, and spiritual development.
• The College Opportunity Program – a program designed to encourage “at risk” youth to complete their high school education and move on to college enrollment.
Jubilee Foundation of Illinois Board of Directors:
Bob Carlisle Ben Fulton
Russ Graham Tim Luby
JR McBride Don Nelson
Joel Riley Tom Schaffler
For more information about the Jubilee Foundation of IL, contact Lisa Terrazas at 630.682.1910 x. 229.